Woke up feeling a bit better this morning. Taking care of yourself, especially mentally, is something so important and something that’s so easy to forget about and overlook. I’ve decided to take the day and turn it into a self-care day so I figured I’d share my plans with you!
- Strip my sheets, pillow cases, and duvet cover and put everything in the wash. With LOTS of fabric softener. Is there any better feeling than sleeping on fresh bedding? Nope.
- Get breakfast! There is an awesome bakery close to my apartment, plus they have the best rainbow cookies.
- Take a walk on the boardwalk. Even though it’s a little grey outside today, I really should take advantage of living on the coast.
- Organize! I feel my very best when I know that my home is in top shape. There’s not too much for me to do on that end today, so I’ll probably just reorganize a few things.
- Play with Meredith. Meredith (my cat) loves to play string and doesn’t hesitate to make it known that she wants to play at all times. Plus I may have a little treat hidden away for her that she’ll be excited to get!
- I may try to cook today?? I have a love/hate relationship with being in the kitchen so we’ll see.
- Take a long hot shower. Something new I’ve tried is lighting a few candles and turning off the lights, and playing relaxing music. THIS WORKS. I was surprised at how much calmer I felt the first time I tried this, and the hype of it hasn’t worn off for me. 10/10 recommend doing this if you need to relax.
- Face mask. I’ve been a little lazy with my skincare routine lately and it has unfortunately been showing. So tonight I’m going to purge my skin with the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask. Yes it’s a little messy, yes it smells terrible (gotta love apple cider vinegar), but it’ll really do wonders for your skin.
- Catch up on Bachelor In Paradise. I am a sucker for any Bachelor franchise show and I’m sadly behind with this season of paradise. Plus I just feel so cozy kicked back on the couch, maybe this is when the rainbow cookies will come in handy?
- Make a to-do list for the rest of the week. When you’re someone who gets so anxious over the little things, feeling prepared is the best feeling in the world!
I don’t really have any big plans to do anything outside of being home today and I think we all honestly need a day like that once in awhile. Today is that day for me – sometimes you just have to sit back, breathe a little deeper, and try to focus on the good things in life.
What are your favorite things to do when you need to relax? Let me know in the comments below.