Tacos. Who doesn’t love tacos?! I remember the first time my mom made tacos for dinner… 7 years old, they were SO GOOD. My love since has only gotten stronger. Tacos are a dinner staple for me because they’re quick and super easy – this recipe will be your new go-to on evenings when you’re in a rush (and even when you aren’t!)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 12 mini tacos)
– 1lb ground beef
– Old El Paso Mini Tortilla Bowl kit
– 1 tbsp Paprika
– 1/2 bottle Ortega Taco Sauce
– Goya Hot Sauce (to taste)
– 1 small spoonful per bowl Tostitos queso
– light sprinkle per bowl Taco Bell Salsa Verde cheese
– light sprinkle per bowl Taco Bell Zesty Ranch cheese
- Spray skillet with olive oil. Brown ground beef on medium heat.
2. Once fully cooked, add the mix from the Old El Paso bowl kit along with half a bottle of the Ortega taco sauce. Mix together until the ground beef is covered thoroughly.
While this is simmering together, I like to throw together some guacamole! My recipe is quick and a little bit simpler than other guac recipes, but it’s my favorite.
INGREDIENTS: (makes 2 servings)
– 1 avocado
– 1 tbsp ground cayenne red pepper
– 1 tbsp Louisiana cajun seasoning
– 1 tbsp chili powder
– 1 tbsp minced onion
– 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
– 1/2 tbsp cilantro leaves
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp lime juice
No instructions needed here. Mix together and you’re good to go!
Ok, let’s get back to the tacos now!
3. When everything is ready, I spoon a little queso cheese mixed with hot sauce into each shell. Add in the ground beef, and top with cheese. Add the guac and some chips into the mix and you’re ready for dinner!
These tacos are a hit when I’m in a hurry, when I’m feeling lazy, or when I’m just craving tacos. When you can have a quality dinner in under 20 minutes, how do you say no? While you could use normal taco shells, I really am a big fan of these mini bowls because you can just scoop everything up and eat. A little less messy than regular tacos so that’s another win in my eyes! I hope you all have enjoyed this recipe and that it comes in handy! It’s not the fanciest or most original recipe you’ll ever try, but it’s so so good.